“Bless the Lord , O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord , O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”
(PSALMS 103 :1-5 KJV)
Today’s scriptures highlights the basic but comprehensive benefits God extends to men as follows:
- God forgives our sins – The forgiveness of the Lord represents the greatest blessing we can experience. To be forgiven is to be at peace with God.
- God heals our diseases – This blessing of healing offers us the soundness of body to fulfil the mandate of God for our lives.
- God delivers us from destruction – This blessing spares our lives from the evil schemes of the enemy.
- God extends His loving kindness and tender mercies – These are the divine ingredients that refresh the life of the believer.
- God renews our youth – This refers to the revitalization God brings to man on life’s journey.
These blessings represent the fundamental privileges we need, to live successful lives. We need nothing more. Let us forever remain appreciative of these. May our gratitude ever ascend the throne of God.