Mastercard Foundation Job Vacancies 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline.
The 2020 Mastercard Foundation Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below as well as on the official website.
Company: Mastercard Foundation
Deadline: 3 Nov, 2020
Available Job Positions & Details
The following positions are available at Mastercard Foundation. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Lead, Scholars Program Communication
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
As the Lead, Scholars Program Communications, you will be responsible for strategy and implementation of all communications activities pertaining to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is a Pan African initiative providing education and leadership development to over 37,000 young people in Africa. Implementing partners span across the continent as well as in North America, Central America, Europe and the Middle East.
This role is an integral part of the Program Communications team working in close collaboration with Policy and Thought Leadership, Corporate Communications, Impact and Program teams. This position reports to the Head of Program Communications.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
This is a cross-functional communications role supporting the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program through:
- Development and implementation of strategic communications plans related to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and Alumni Chapter Networks. This includes i) effectiveness by ensuring young people and young women especially are at the centre of all activities ii) increased visibility and building of a ‘Scholar Brand’ to enhance opportunities for both Scholars and Alumni to transition into dignified and fulfilling work.
- Build and manage relationships with Program partner organizations, supporting their communication outreach activities. Monitoring to ensure alignment with Program messages, branding guidelines for identity and reputation consistency both at the Program level and the Foundation level.
- Ensure optimization of communications channels, measurement of campaigns, and learning/best practices are identified and shared as appropriate.
- Develop and implement strategic dissemination plan for research reports ensuring accessibility and relevance of research findings to maximize the impact into policy and practice.
- Support the expansion of the Scholars Program with a focus on African Universities and increased outreach to young women, youth living with disabilities, refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).
- Support the establishment of alumni networks and expansion of the Baobab platform.
- Manage external communication agencies to ensure effective and efficient use of resources for professional and timely delivery of services.
- Working with Head of Program Communications, develop and manage budgets for assigned programs.
- This role will work cross-functionally and collaboratively to ensure communications content supports Policy and Thought Leadership, Impact, Corporate Communications, Program, and Country strategic priorities.
- Results will predominantly be delivered through close collaboration with the Scholars Program and Youth Engagement teams.
- Lead a team of direct reports (Communications Partners) and advise on development plans to ensure a high performing team.
- Support on-boarding and mentoring of Program Communications and other staff, as required.
- Align with a culture of high performance, willingness to learn, perpetual curiosity, and results orientation.
- Liaise closely with Head of Program Communications to grow ‘Oneness’ in the Foundation.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a degree in Communications and/or a related field.
- You have at least 10 years relevant experience in communications.
- You can work directly with young people as an audience, ensuring engagement and inclusive decision-making.
- Have a strong network and can work easily with media.
- Have a demonstrated ability to lead successful communications campaigns with a focus on development and human stories using both mainstream and social media.
- You have the ability to co-create collaborative communications campaigns with different stakeholders.
- A compelling storyteller with demonstrated ability to frame content for various audiences.
- You have demonstrated experience on brand positioning and management.
- Proven ability to edit materials and review/adapt them to fast changing situations, exercising and promoting creative thinking;
- A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal, analytical, presentation and editorial skills;
- Outstanding social and intercultural skills and proven ability to multitask and work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- Work experience in an academic institution and/or an alumni body an asset.
- French language skills are an asset.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 3 Nov, 2020
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Job Recruitment
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Mastercard Foundation Job updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process to apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Mastercard Foundation Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.